[DPRG] segway

Subject: [DPRG] segway
From: rljordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Wed Dec 4 17:27:01 CST 2002

RE: 4 wheel vs Segway 2 wheel discussion:

My Mom has one of the Hovearound "human transporters"
It has four wheels- two 9" in front and two 4" or so in
the rear. The speed controller will not start or stop fast
so as to control the inertia. Otherwise it would tip.
On inclines it makes you feel like you are going to tip
especially when you hit a bump.

The two wheel Segway brain would be useful on even the
four wheel "locomotovators" just to correct for tipping
and to give better acceleration/decelleration response.

My hopes are she gets a newer one and her old one
is available for robotting:-)

Bob Jordan