[DPRG] Fw: Cruise control on wet roads (Off-topic)

Subject: [DPRG] Fw: Cruise control on wet roads (Off-topic)
From: Charlie W Youngblood chaz128 at juno.com
Date: Wed Dec 4 17:29:04 CST 2002

Chuck,
	Did you get the mark off the carpet? (Carpet cleaning
robot in closet, NOT) :-(
	Charlie Youngblood
>From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis at mcmanis.com>

[ Snip, story about Cruise Control elided ]
(more snippin)
 I had the strange occurrence of finally getting the PID control so that
it would move at less than 20MPH and it drove over a piece of paper that
got picked up in the tread. The paper disconnected the wire that went
>from
the hall effect sensor to the Miniboard (which was doing the PID) and my
algorithm compensated for the lack of pulses by increasing the duty cycle

of the PWM right up to full on. WHOOSH! The car jumped across the room
and
smacked right into the base of my bookshelf. It then proceeded to make a
nice black mark on the carpet as it spun the tracks and I raced over to
get
it off the ground.
--Chuck