[DPRG] New robotic arm manipulator from Lynxmotion!

Subject: [DPRG] New robotic arm manipulator from Lynxmotion!
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Thu Dec 5 11:17:01 CST 2002

Hey hey, just at a time when I'm beginning to look at multiaxis arm
control with Mike Keesling out at Panavision for their remotely operated
camera booms! Too cool!

If anybody is interested in seeing this arm, I just ordered one, and we
should have it overnight tomorrow out at the shop. Of course, its a kit,
so we'll have to put it together. Then we'll be writing some software to
control it. (Some of the IsoPod(TM) users get together at the shop on
Fridays to work on robots and interfaces. I'm sure one of us will take
this on as an assembly project.) I bet we have it going for show and
tell for our next meeting, what is that, Saturday after next?

Jim, you should add a link for IsoPod(TM) to your list of arm/micro
offerings!!! (I'm kind of disapointed we weren't in your list in the
announcement.) With our floating point built-in routines, and
multitasking paradigm, the Pod is a natural for doing a slam bang job of
controlling and arm like this. I'll make sure you get some software for
controlling it.

Randy
www.newmicros.com