[DPRG] Arm in a day

Subject: [DPRG] Arm in a day
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Fri Dec 6 17:24:01 CST 2002

Thought you all might want to know, the

"Arm in a day"

project was a huge success. The new Lnyxmotion arm which arrived UPS red
this morning is assembled and moving under program control.

Michael Zhang and Bill James joined me before 11, and David Peterson
came in about 2PM, and shortly after that we had the arm assembled and
moving. It's after 5PM now, and I'm ready to leave the office. I got the
software going on the IsoPod(TM) and have complete and independent
control of all 5 servo axis (Robotbase, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Grip)
wiht positioning happening the the background. An operator can command a
move on the terminal and give further commands or watch results while
the various joints go to their commanded positions at the velocity
selected.

For a short days work, this is a pretty incredible accomplishment, and
kudos to those who made it possible. I'll try to bring the arm to the
DPRG meeting this next weekend for show and tell.

Randy
www.newmicros.com