[DPRG] Robot wheels

Subject: [DPRG] Robot wheels
From: Rodent daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Tue Dec 10 02:22:01 CST 2002

What he means, is most people who build robots are cheapskates -- they would
rather spend $5 and 100 hours with a hand drill and glue gun than $20 and
zero time for a complete solution. And then they have this stupid look on
their face when the wheels fall off in the middle of the contest.

At any rate, the size / weight of your robot, the type of drive you have,
the terrain you plan to navigate and your construction skills will dictate
your wheel / adapter / mounting choices. Don't be limited by what others
have done -- you can't be sure if their idea really worked or not by looking
at a few photos.