[DPRG] December's Meeting

Subject: [DPRG] December's Meeting
From: Jeff Koenig jkoenig at airmail.net
Date: Wed Dec 11 12:36:01 CST 2002

Fellow DPRGers:

December's DPRG meeting will be held this Saturday (the 14th), at the Bill
Priest Institute (www.billpriestinstitute.org).  It will run from 12:00 Noon
'till about 2:00 P.M.

We have to elect officers for 2003 at this meeting.  If you'd like to run
for an office, let the list know, or bring your soapbox to the meeting and
let us know then!

In the past, we've counted the votes of members who are physically at the
meeting.  If you are a member, want your vote counted, but can't make the
meeting, I'm sure we can work out some kind of proxy vote.

As far as I know, the only people running are me (President), Vicki Taylor
(Vice-President), and John Caldwell (Secretary).  If I'm forgetting anyone,
or you want to announce your candidacy, let the list know.

I think that all the other officer's positions are appointed (for instance,
Webmaster).

I have one sad note to report - Clay Timmons will not be Treasurer for next
year.  He has been an officer of the DPRG for the last 5 years, and he needs
a break.  We need a volunteer to take on this responsibility - Clay said
that he would help with the transition, and that he has automated almost
everything.

For this meeting, Ron Palmer, of Probotics, America (www.bike-bot.com) is
going to demonstrate and describe his awesome four-bladed hover 'copter that
he brought to November's meeting.  In addition, he is going to bring along
one of the bike-bots that his company makes.

Of course, please bring along your in-progress robot projects for
show-and-tell!

Very Best Regards,
Jeff Koenig
President, DPRG