[DPRG] ExpressPCB update

Subject: [DPRG] ExpressPCB update
From: Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Date: Thu Dec 12 08:12:01 CST 2002

Sluggy wrote:

> For a schematic, use the line tools to draw the outline of the device.
> Then place the pins. At this point, the pins are really just dots.
> Arrange them however it pleases you.

Something that helps a lot: You can place another part, almost anything,
and use it as a style guide of sorts, making your component's size, pin
spacing and labeling layout similar to it.

Likewise, you can pull up an existing part, ungroup it, modify it, then
group it as a new component and save.

Some of the parts in the existing library don't appear to have their
part number in the layout, which can cause great confusion when you
share a schematic or even revisit it a year or two later and nobody
remembers what that part is. I, for one, will be modifying those parts
with numbers when I see them.

I have also just verified that when you save a custom component, it
simply puts that component's file in a custom component folder. If you
move that file the the library folder, that part shows up with the rest
of the components, in it's alphabetical order.

Ok, I'm late for work now... :)

Sluggy!