[DPRG] Isopod or isomax

Subject: [DPRG] Isopod or isomax
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Sat Dec 14 08:47:01 CST 2002

The word EEWORD takes the last definition entered, relinks it,
and programs it into FLASH. It then recoveres the RAM the word
was using before being moved into FLASH. There's a little room
for programs in RAM, and lots in FLASH. Plus, once in Flash and
saved, the words can be made to remain in the processor through
power-downs, etc.

Why isn't it just named FLASH then? History. Original part
IsoMax(TM) was written on had EEPROM but not FLASH, so the
original name of EEWORD rather than FLASHWORD remained.

Yes, we have started a www.isopod.net site for examples and
code, etc., but it hasn't come along as fast as we'd like.

Randy
www.newmicros.com