[DPRG] Battlebot-like competition (fwd)

Subject: [DPRG] Battlebot-like competition (fwd)
From: Rodent daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Sun Dec 15 10:27:00 CST 2002

there was a group forming in Fort Worth about a year or so ago -- they had
one meeting and I never heard anything since. Their web page advertises
their second meeting on 11/17/2001 -- guess this says it all.
http://www.swarc.org/

Keep in mind what you see on  TV are not really robots -- they are radio
controlled fighting machines. To be a robot, by definition, they would have
to be autonomous. I can't speak for the rest of the club, but if I spend
100's of dollars / hours building a robot, I would definitely not want to
have it destroyed just to entertain the masses.