[DPRG] Battlebot-like competition (fwd)

Subject: [DPRG] Battlebot-like competition (fwd)
From: Charles cthurston at sc.rr.com
Date: Sun Dec 15 11:30:02 CST 2002

Hello Earl,

There is a metal co. in Carrolton that can flame or plasma cut this. I
have seen them cut 4 inch thick plate material in 8 foot by 15 foot
sheets.  It has been too long since I was in that area for me to
remember the name, BUT it is 1 block north of the road that goes
east/west through there and intersects IH35. 1st road north of 635
west of IH35. It will be on the north side of the road, Blue building
last time I saw it 5-6 years ago.  Get it cut 1/8 inch larger and then
grind it down by hand with a good metal cutting belt in a belt sander.

Get folding legs welded to the bottom, If they are in the right place
they will let you fold the legs down while the disk is on edge and
then lay it over onto the legs. Raise one side when your done and set
it back on edge, Then fold the legs back flat.   Trouble will be
getting it into a truck or trailer. I would not want to try to roll it
up a ramp without someone/something to make sure it can NOT fall over.

Best Regards
Charles                               cthurston at sc.rr.com

snip