[DPRG] Re: Big Sumo Ring

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Big Sumo Ring
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at attbi.com
Date: Sun Dec 15 22:38:01 CST 2002

Well in interest to getting this started:
We are willing to build two autonomous robots for this 22cmx22cm class (my
son and I).
It's not like it needs a lot of intelligence to be a simple sumo bot, but
more is better.
Maybe a failure (not so good) robot might make three. Sometimes the first
robot shows you what you should have done. We won't be doing magnets or
vaccumn junk at this time. So I could use my wood ring for test purposes at
home. Anyway, I could always glue some magnets to the bottom of the robot if
I had to. But that might be interesting, if the magnet becomes unglued and
sticks to the ring top, very embarassing, not including getting it off the
table or losing out of default.

  I am not that interested in RC, I've done RC for a jillion years, and it
doesn't challenge me anymore.

   Of course, I would really like flat black paint on the ring, not this
glossy black stuff.
I just can't seem to get the IR sensors to work right with the shiny paints.