[DPRG] Notes from December's DPRG Meeting

Subject: [DPRG] Notes from December's DPRG Meeting
From: Jeff Koenig jkoenig at airmail.net
Date: Mon Dec 16 11:12:01 CST 2002

According to my records (which are not the official minutes), we had a few
over 30 people in attendance.

The 2003 officer's election was held, and the new line-up is as follows:

President - Jeff Koenig (Thanks!  I'll do my best.)
Vice-President - Vicki Taylor
Secretary - John Caldwell
Treasurer - Martin Meier (Thanks, Martin, for stepping up and volunteering
for this position)

My first official act was to appoint Steve Rainwater as DPRG Webmaster, and
Bill Boyer as DPRG Postmaster.

There are still two appointed positions to be filled, that of Librarian and
Hardware Librarian.  Does anyone want to volunteer for either of these
positions?

Eric Yundt told the group that he is in possession of the long-dormant DPRG
Library (of books and paper stuff).  I'll try to get this from Eric and
bring it to the next meeting.

We have been informed that we will no longer be able to use the Bill Priest
Institute for our meetings.  Alan Sosbe, who has been very helpful the last
few years (Thanks, Alan!), said that we are simply too large a group for
them to accomodate anymore.  So, we have to move along...

Ron Palmer, of Probotics, Inc., demonstrated one of his company's Bike Bots
and one of his four-bladed hover copters.  The stability of the hover copter
was incredible, and the Bike Bot's fluidity and animation was amazing to
watch.  The thing just came to life, and was a pleasure to behold.

Thanks to all who were able to attend!

Very Best Regards,
Jeff Koenig
DPRG President