[DPRG] Servos

Subject: [DPRG] Servos
From: Jim Frye tech at lynxmotion.com
Date: Wed Dec 18 14:29:01 CST 2002

Hello Ray,

>I'm writing up a Christmas list for Santa Clause and I'm stuck on the
>servo choice and was hoping somebody might be able to clue me in.
>
>The two servos in question are:
>
>Standard Servo
><http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R29-MX-400.html>http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R29-MX-400.html

Probably a GWS servo. I am not impressed with the quality of the gears and
pots on these. They can lock up in normal operation. I received two GWS
samples and one wouldn't hold a position because the pot was flakey. That's
a 50% failure rate to me. :)

>and
>
>Hitec HS-322 Servo
><http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R84-HS-322.html>http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R84-HS-322.html.

The 322 is not as good as the 422. We have the 422's at $12.95 if you're
interested. The 322 is a replacement for the 300, which could be modified
for continuos rotation, but not very easily. The 322 is not a good choice
for modification as the motor is soldered to the PC board directly, and not
easy to remove. The 422 remains my personal choice for general purpose and
drive motor uses. You just can't beat Hitec quality. Thanks, Jim

-
Lynxmotion, Inc.
http://www.lynxmotion.com
866-512-1024 Sales