[DPRG] New Meeting Place

Subject: [DPRG] New Meeting Place
From: Jeff Koenig jkoenig at airmail.net
Date: Wed Dec 18 15:22:01 CST 2002

The search for a new meeting place continues!  Special thanks go out to all
members who have helped out by contacting institutions or who have e-mailed
suggestions.

All communications are in the early stages - we haven't had a definite "yes"
>from anyone yet.

Here's what we have so far, in no particular order:

1) The Science Place.  They are checking on this for us.  However, all of
the classrooms are taken up by paying customers.  They may have another room
for us, though.

2) UTD.  We've only started contacting people there.

3) A library in Plano.  It would cost a $25 refundable deposit (no problem),
but we have to sign up for the space.  I'd think that one of our
Plano-residents wouldn't mind doing this for us.

Please let me know personally (president at dprg.org) or publicly (by
responding to this message) what you think.  I'm quite aware of the
conflict - it seems that most of the members live in the North Dallas area,
but we are the "Dallas" PRG, and we have several members who drive quite a
bit to get to the BPI.  Locating the meeting further north may cost
attendance.

Of course, if you can contact an additional place for us to meet, please do.
We are in no way limited to the above-mentioned three choices.

Best Regards,
Jeff Koenig
President, DPRG