[DPRG] Servo Prices

Subject: [DPRG] Servo Prices
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at attbi.com
Date: Fri Dec 20 05:41:02 CST 2002

Well, I actually prefer to buy locally first.
I usually buy servos (other things too) at Mike's Hobby shop, or Wild
Bill's, or Roy's Toys for Big Boys first, before I look to the WWW stores.
As a matter of fact Mike's often has a display on the servo counter, with a
special sale of servos for 9.95 each. Plus he has oodles of other servos to
look at in the counter as well. It depends on what you using the servos for.
I just looked at my servo supply and now I am wondering, "what the heck was
that one for?", when I bought it ( a HS-605 dual ball bearing hi-power), I
was going to use it for something.
But I did buy and try out some of the servos from the Mark III store, and
these are almost fun to modify for continous rotation. But I bought a bunch
of other things from them too.

Buying off the internet, sometimes doesn't work all that great, as the
shipping and handling costs  comes into play. Plus you may still have to pay
sales taxes too. Locally, Mike's, Wild Bill's, and Roy's tend to be slightly
higher than the WWW prices, but you don't have the S&H costs. So it costs
about the same, more or less, to buy locally versus off the WWW. But if you
can piggy back your order with other stuff from the same WWW sotre, it's a
lot better. Now there are some hobby shops that charge a lot more, but I
rarely, if ever, go to them anymore.