[DPRG] alternate routes

Subject: [DPRG] alternate routes
From: Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Date: Fri Dec 20 07:56:01 CST 2002

rten at new.metronet.com wrote:

> The only problem with media reports are that they mostly cover rush hour
> times, except for WBAP.

Well, 'BAP really only has the helicopter reports during the 6-9AM and
4-6PM rush hours, but they do cram in a report every 6 minutes during
those hours.

Luckily for me, my work commute is rather short, only about 6 miles
along 121, between 820 and 35W in Fort Worth. I don't even have to
negotiate a lane change the whole way if I get on at Beach.
Occasionally, however, I have to go to our Carrollton office and the
best way there is to take 121 to 114 to 635 and exit Luna. I know that
when I leave either the house or the office during rush hour, WBAP will
have a report if anything along that path is backed up and I will get
that report soon enough to decide if I want to take an alternate route.
As an added benefit, I can exercise my place in the vast right wing
conspiracy and listen to all that effluence whilst loitering in my car.
:)

Sluggy!

--

NT is a weak form of Unix like a donut is
a weak form of a particle accelerator."

                          M.B. Cook