[DPRG] math I once knew

Subject: [DPRG] math I once knew
From: Sluggy! slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Date: Fri Dec 20 09:52:00 CST 2002

Hey, folks...

I have a question about some math I once knew but don't remember the
details of.

I need to be able to plot X and Y coordinates for points laying in a
circle, in this case, the minute and hour points on a clock face.

I used to do this all the time drawing circles and radar screens and the
like on the Commodore 64 and even on my first IBM clone. Thus far,
everything I have found online seems to be a tool to give you back the
picture, not the coordinates for the points.

As I recall, the algorithm was such that you plug in the coordinates of
the center point, units of diameter and an an angle in degrees for a
given point. To scribe a circle, you simply stepped through the range on
0 to 359 for the angle, drawing a line between each set of points.
Actually, I think there were two steps, one for the X coordinate, one
for the Y.

Anyway, if anyone has a lead on this, it would be appreciated! :)

Sluggy!