[DPRG] math I once knew

Subject: [DPRG] math I once knew
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Fri Dec 20 10:34:01 CST 2002

Actually you can do it with 90 degrees and reflect it to all 4 points.

There are a bunch of ways to do this and I will show the first one to pop in
my head.  I am assuming you have a sin() and cos() function.

sin() is the ratio of opposite side from the angle over hypotenuse
cos() is the ratio of adjacent side from the angle over the hypotenuse

>From the center point,

radius * sin(angle) = Y
radius * cos(angle) = X

If the angle goes through 0 through 90 degrees, then you reflect for the
other 3 quadrants.

This assumes the center of the circle is at 0,0.
To have a different circle center, add the coordinates of the circle to the
final result.
(X+Xcenter,Y+Ycenter), (-X+Xcenter,Y+Ycenter), (X+Xcenter,-Y+Ycenter),
(-X+Xcenter,-Y+Ycenter)

Now you have the answer you are looking for..

Kip