[DPRG] Pool Guppy

Subject: [DPRG] Pool Guppy
From: Frank & Gail Elia elia_frank at hotmail.com
Date: Fri Dec 20 11:07:00 CST 2002

Thanks Jeff, but more like a pool guppy. I'm just lucky to have a great
resource base.

But that is my point exactly. As robot builders we are fortunate to have so
many resources in the Dallas area - of which DPRG is one of the best. People
with little or no electronics/software development background can find the
resources needed within a reasonable distance. Heck even Mouser is only a 45
minute or so drive. The internet is a great resource, but can't beat face to
face human contact.

You bet I'll pay more for a servo at Mike's but he is a terrific VAR. Will I
pay twice as much? Depends on the economy of scale - there is a difference
between a VAR and unreasonable mark up.

Oh yeah - Motion Industries for gears, cogs, pulleys, belts etc.
TAOS - for Cool light sensors
New Micros - Randy brings stuff to us!
Parallax (sorry lousy spelling)- John brings cool stuff to us also!
Several suggestions where to buy scrap metal on todays list
Arrow Electronics - non surplus ICs etc
TI in our backyard

And so many others I'm forgetting at the moment. We are fortunate that we
live in a community that has so many resources for the beginner to the
expert. Does the club keep a local resource list? Might be a good thing for
the web site.

Long live Robot and Roll!

Frank