[DPRG] thermal glue

Subject: [DPRG] thermal glue
From: rljordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Sun Dec 22 09:59:01 CST 2002

Daryl,

Try to run the motor from the HBridge directly, with no CPU control.
If you can't get the HBridge to run the motor that way, the CPU and
PWM will not run it either.

Second, IF you are running locked antiphase with the CPU, 50% duty
would have the motor locked so it would not turn. This is the highest
load your would typically put on the HBridge.

Third, If the motor is being PWMed at the correct frequency, the
heat and power will be lowest. I was driving a cheap 12 VDC motor
at a PWM frequency that was very ineffecient for that motor. When
I changed the freq, the motor turned OK. I had to get a better motor
to use the smaller HBridge, or a much more powerful HBridge, due to the
losses in the cheap motor

Hope this helps.

Bob Jordan