[DPRG] thermal glue

Subject: [DPRG] thermal glue
From: Daryl Gallatin dgall723 at mail.dal.devry.edu
Date: Mon Dec 23 14:35:01 CST 2002

Ok I will try that

The 50hz PWM may be a problem too, like it has been suggested.

I thought the motor was turning, when in fact it wasn't
It was on, but not turning and the voltage ion both nputs on the motor were approxiametly .25 volts. Like it was locked.

I have tested it without PWM and just had a 1 to the enable pins, that turned the motors(very fast) but it still got hot.

SO I need to use a freq between 500hz and 5k?

I had read that using it in the hearing range can cause the motor to hum

My H0bridge, and opto isolators are wire wrapped. Is therea way to use this ground plate?

I do not have specs on the motors. I picked them up at tanners to use as test motors.

Thanks!

>>> "rljordan" <rljordan at airmail.net> 12/22/02 09:33 AM >>>
Daryl,

Try to run the motor from the HBridge directly, with no CPU control.
If you can't get the HBridge to run the motor that way, the CPU and
PWM will not run it either.

Second, IF you are running locked antiphase with the CPU, 50% duty
would have the motor locked so it would not turn. This is the highest
load your would typically put on the HBridge.

Third, If the motor is being PWMed at the correct frequency, the
heat and power will be lowest. I was driving a cheap 12 VDC motor
at a PWM frequency that was very ineffecient for that motor. When
I changed the freq, the motor turned OK. I had to get a better motor
to use the smaller HBridge, or a much more powerful HBridge, due to the
losses in the cheap motor

Hope this helps.

Bob Jordan