[DPRG] thermal glue

Subject: [DPRG] thermal glue
From: rten at new.metronet.com rten at new.metronet.com
Date: Tue Dec 24 12:53:00 CST 2002

Darryl:
Any motor that runs hot, unloaded, is somehow being operated outside its
specs. I have run many motors, and never had a heating problem with proper
voltage applied. I suggest you start with (perhaps) three volts. If it
runs and has reasonable turque (try to stop it by pinching the turning
shaft with your thumb and forefinger. (Check to be sure there aren't any
burrs on the shaft!)

Run the input voltage through an ammeter. As you increase the voltage, the
run current will remain reasonably constant until you begin to apply too
much voltage. At that point, the current (and heat) will rise fairly
rapidly.
Ralph