[DPRG] Power conversion

Subject: [DPRG] Power conversion
From: rten at new.metronet.com rten at new.metronet.com
Date: Thu Dec 26 10:02:01 CST 2002

Chuck:
If you happen to have a much older desktop - 283 vintage, most of the
drive connectors have all three voltages appearing on those pins. I can't
comment on the later machines; but a really old machine could be
cannibalized to get the power supply. These supplies may have the CRT high
voltage which are dangerous. These outputs must be covered to prevemt
injury. These supplies make a somewhat bulky non-anjustable bench supply.
Otherwise, I suspect some bench supplies still exist that have a variable
output that would suffice for testing.
Ralph