[DPRG] ceramic magnets

Subject: [DPRG] ceramic magnets
From: Rodent daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Sat Dec 28 19:00:02 CST 2002

No problemo. This can be generated with a Stamp or PIC rather easy. All you
need to know is the frequency and duration of the signal. Its the same tones
they play for all the messages to tell you the number has been disconnected,
changed, area code changed, etc...

I did the nickel, dime and quarter tones as well as a dial tone on a Mac a
few years back with the sound editor -- just generated mixed the appropriate
sounds as needed. I did a quick search, but did not find a good source of
telephone tones -- mainly just dialing stuff. I will keep looking though.

Back when, there was a telephone prefix that had all the recorded messages
on it. The last 4 digits determined what message was played. I will check to
see if I can find this again.