[DPRG] ceramic magnets

Subject: [DPRG] ceramic magnets
From: Gordon McComb gmccomb at gmccomb.com
Date: Sat Dec 28 21:56:00 CST 2002

My only experience with a similar product was a magnetic mixer used for
chemicals (in my case, photographic processing chemicals). I don't think
the impeller was even a magnet, but just a ceramic-coated piece of steel --
it was quite heavy. I likened the thing to a white Good 'n Plenty.

You can readily test if the impeller is a magnet of course, but I imagine
the only way to determine if it's a coated magnet is to saw it in half. I
think that'll let all the remaining magnetism leak out, though, so be careful!

-- Gordon