[DPRG] ceramic magnets

Subject: [DPRG] ceramic magnets
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at attbi.com
Date: Sat Dec 28 22:24:00 CST 2002

Really cool,

Speaking of magnets. Does anyone know where I can obtain some 1/16" to 1/8"
diameter rod magnets, that I can use for hall effect sensors to detect, for
uses like robot arms, grippers and such?
I tried the dremel cutting disk method on a magnet, and the little piece
more or less disintegrated before you could do anything with it. I have a
little micro robot that has a little tiny pager motor powered arm on it and
it has the only two little 1/16" - 1/8" or so diameter magnets that I have
ever found on it. I would love to find some more.
Thanks
Earl