[DPRG] Re: Lego Mindstorms with a 9 Volt Battery

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Lego Mindstorms with a 9 Volt Battery
From: Dave Hylands dhylands at broadcom.com
Date: Tue Dec 31 16:03:00 CST 2002

Hi John,

I've made a modification which allows one oe two 9V batteries to be used (in
parallel) and by switching a couple of jumpers going back to 6 AA cells.

I'll try and take some pictures in the next day or two and post them on my
web site.

If you can plug AC in, then you should be able to plug DC in (since there
will be a rectifier). If the rectifier is full wave then the polarity of the
DC won't matter. If it's a half wave rectifier, then it will matter (but you
shouldn't harm anything by pluggin it in the wrong way).

I don't recall which type of adapter that I've used in the past.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada