[DPRG] Extinguishing the FireFighting candle

Subject: [DPRG] Extinguishing the FireFighting candle
From: Jeff Koenig jkoenig at airmail.net
Date: Sun Feb 3 22:35:29 CST 2002

The toy that you refer to is the infamous "Wham-O Air Blaster".

I never had one, but a friend did, and it was awesome.  It was a vortex
cannon that had a rubber membrane that required a good deal of effort to
pull back into the "cocked" position.

When you pulled the trigger, it belched forth a burst of air that travelled
for quite a distance.  It was especially good at annoying cats (NOTE: None
of the little furballs was ever injured - the Air Blaster was simply used
for ruffling their whiskers from the other side of the room).

I think they crop up from time to time on E-Bay.

-Jeff