[DPRG] fire extinguisher

Subject: [DPRG] fire extinguisher
From: Rodent daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Sun Feb 3 22:53:17 CST 2002

If anyone plans on using one of those disposable dusters, read the
ingredients before shooting it at a flame -- I think some contain stuff
other than CO2. While it may not be flammable, it could generate a toxic gas
when exposed to fire.

Might look at a paintball CO2 cylinder also. They hold *alot* of CO2 and you
could probably gut a cheap paintball gun for the valve and cylinder fitting.

On a sidenote, instead of using a servo to work the lever on a bicycle CO2
deal, you could make a device with a spring-loaded pin, triggered by a servo
or solenoid, that pierced the cylinder and dumped the entire contents of it
towards the candle.

If you really wanted to go high-tech, you could make something like a fire
sprinkler head with a thermal fuse. Suspend the device over the candle and
when the heat melts the fuse it dumps a container of water.