[DPRG] Fire extinguisher

Subject: [DPRG] Fire extinguisher
From: Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Date: Mon Feb 4 07:49:17 CST 2002

"David P. Anderson" wrote:

> One low-tech solution we've seen is a long balloon filled with
> CO2 attached to the top of the robot.  When the robot gets close
> enough to the candle (I think the rules say 12 inches) the
> candle pops the balloon and extinguishes itself.  Very clever.

Likewise, if one wants to work with much lower pressures, but still
operate their extinquisher with an on demand valve, a CO2 inflated
balloon might serve as the reservoir. I can picture a low pressure
valve that operates by pinching a tube.

Sluggy!

--

"This breakthrough in goat nuclear transfer technology will move
our BioSteel program into the clinical testing phases earlier

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_889000/889951.stm