[DPRG] Extinguishing the FireFighting candle

Subject: [DPRG] Extinguishing the FireFighting candle
From: Matt Minnis mminnis at prefres.com
Date: Mon Feb 4 10:14:11 CST 2002

Should work pretty well, though I can picture an amusing failure:

::grin::
I could see the tongue depressors catching fire and the bot needing to be
extinguished. :)
Do you still get points for putting the candle out if the bot catches fire?

What about a spray bottle, and pump water out on the wide spray setting?
A servo could work the pump trigger.  A plastic rain coat may be needed on
the front of
the bot to prevent electical problems.

Thanks,

Matt Minnis

At 09:56 AM 2/4/2002, you wrote:
>I wonder if a tongue depressor or two on a lever with
>a rubber band would serve to "stomp" out the flame.
>Just get close and smack the top of the candle.
>
>Bob
>
>serve > Oops, I meant to send this to the list, not just Clay :)
> >
> > -------------------
> >
> > Clay Timmons wrote:
> >
> >> Why am I rambling on about all this.  I just wanted to
> >> tap in the collective to get ideas for firefighting.
> >
> > My favorite proposed method of extinquishing the candle is to utilize a
> >  12 gram CO2 cartridge

>* Tracking #: 5FB764AFC815D6119B900050041A803086145AB7
>*

"Pinky, you've left the lens cap of your mind on again." - The Brain
Preferred Resources          (314) 567-7600 phone
701 Emerson rd.              (314) 993-6699 fax
Suite 475                      mminnis at prefres.com
St. Louis, MO
63141