[DPRG] Contests at the Science Place

Subject: [DPRG] Contests at the Science Place
From: R. Bickle rbickle at swbell.net
Date: Mon Feb 4 11:28:44 CST 2002

Hey all,

I have some circuit boards I designed for an electronic fuel dispenser that
have a large LCD display on them. I was thinking of reprogramming one of
these and donating it to the DPRG for an electronic timer for events like
the quick trip. The only hangup is that I'm not sure what the best way would
be to detect the robot passing the start and finish lines. if anyone has a
suggestion, or wants to offer some help, please let me know.

I was thinking about a laser or light beam, but the rules state that at the
finish, the entire robot must be over the line, so it would be necessary to
have multiple beams at different heights to sense the finish.

Rick Bickle