[DPRG] Blab Buster in Feb. Nuts & Volts

Subject: [DPRG] Blab Buster in Feb. Nuts & Volts
From: R. Bickle rbickle at swbell.net
Date: Fri Feb 8 11:28:30 CST 2002

Dennis,

I have seen some circuits for this on the web called a "compander". They
were large agglomerations of op-amp circuits to limit the volume. I'm not a
bit analog guy, but I did find a device on the net for cheap that does the
job.

Here's the link:
http://www.tvsoundregulator.com/tvsr1/

Of course, this won't work with digital inputs, but TV and Satellite sound
signals are not digital anyway right? (Assuming you're not getting
commercials on DVD.)

Rick