[DPRG] Re: Contests at the Science Place

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Contests at the Science Place
From: Charlie W Youngblood chaz128 at juno.com
Date: Fri Feb 8 13:20:51 CST 2002

To all, there has to be a happy medium that will satisfy both.
After all DPA has an entertaining bot that is quite sophisticated,
not to mention Ortho of Borge. I remember many oo-ahs at
Robo Rama. :-)
	Charlie Youngblood

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 00:31:54 -0600 "David Peterson" <robologist at yahoo.com>
writes:
>Interesting perspective, but not my intent for Quick Trip to "denegrate"
>into a "drag race" though I've used that phrase in descriptions. What
>I was
>attempting to put forth was a head to head competition, something more
>visually entertaining for non-robot-building audiences to see. If you
>look
>at a lot of different contests that are robot related, whether
Battlebots,
>sumo, or FIRST or even Soccer, the pitting of one robot directly
>against
>another is what gets the "ooos" and "aahs" from the crowd, and maybe,
>just maybe, gives them that little push to try it out for themselves.

<some snippin>