[DPRG] Re: Contests at the Science Place

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Contests at the Science Place
From: Charlie W Youngblood chaz128 at juno.com
Date: Fri Feb 8 13:20:51 CST 2002

So then if I am able to come up with a nice "chasis" and give it a
brain("CU"), sensors, so that it can think, do obsticle avoidance,
telemetry, and even pick up objects, do a victory dance in area A
at the finish, and still be fast, then It should be awarded as many
points? If it is just "one bit", or "no tran", then maybe it is just a
toy.
What I did like about The Lego bots was the degre of control. When
It looked like they would slam into the wall, they stopped precisely
and reversed direction.
	Yes more sophisticated "intelligent" behavior should be
rewarded. I think the rules already do that. With the greater speeds
maybe the point system needs to be adjusted. Keep those good
idea's coming. :-)
	Charlie Youngblood