[DPRG] Answers from Mr Mendelssohn

Subject: [DPRG] Answers from Mr Mendelssohn
From: Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Date: Tue Feb 12 23:15:12 CST 2002

Greetings, Programs!

Quoted below is Mr. Mendelssohn's entire reply to my message:

----------------

In a message dated 2/11/02 12:21:39 PM, slugmusk at linuxlegend.com writes:

>In going
>over our checklist, we have come up with a question concerning the
>dimensions of the home circle and candle circles. I have reviewed the
>rules and special notices, but I cannot find a specification for the
>width of the lines used to draw these circles.

At one time in the past the candle circles had been white lines 1"
thick, but
there were a lot of problems when the Robots ran over the line itself.
The
paper lines would get tangled up in the Robot's wheels or so damaged
they had
to be replaced constantly. Therefore, last year we switched to making
the
candle circle a solid white circle segment. This turned out much better
and
the Robot did not damage the circles as they ran over them.

The home circle were always solid circle segments.

Look at some of the pictures on the web site to see what I mean by a
circle
segment (a piece of pie, rather than just a line).

Once it's over, please send me a description of what happened at your
event
that I can post on our web site.

Good luck and have fun.

-Jake

*  Jake Mendelssohn
*  Contest Coordinator
*  Trinity College Fire-Fighting Home Robot Contest
*
*  Main Contest Date:  Sunday, April 21, 2002
*  Trinity College Campus, Hartford, Ct. USA
*
*  http://www.trincoll.edu/events/robot
*
*  JMENDEL141 at AOL.COM
*  voice:  860-233-2379  (8 am to 11 pm EST)
*  fax:  860-232-0435 (start sending fax after recorded message)
*
*  190 Mohegan Drive
*  West Hartford, CT 06117
--

"This breakthrough in goat nuclear transfer technology will move
our BioSteel program into the clinical testing phases earlier

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_889000/889951.stm