[DPRG] Info on AI (fwd)

Subject: [DPRG] Info on AI (fwd)
From: Karim Virani karim at yadallas.org
Date: Tue Feb 19 15:59:18 CST 2002

I looked briefly at the code and didn't recognize the algorithm.  But surely
it is not the equivalent of modern web encryption methods - if it is, you've
got a goldmine on your hands.  No one has developed a means that could even
crack 40-bit RC5 on a 200 mhz box in that time.  Casual SSL encryption is
56-bits these days and low-end financial encryption (personal banking)
typically requires 128 bit keys.  Both are crackable, but even 56-bit RC5 or
DES would take months to years to crack on that kind of hardware, using even
the most advanced numerical methods.

Or are you talking about hashing passwords for authentication, without
recovering the original message?

Karim