[DPRG] Encouraging Kids

Subject: [DPRG] Encouraging Kids
From: ADB1 at aol.com ADB1 at aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 22 12:17:29 CST 2002

 I have a 12 year old daughter whom is fascinated by robots and I wanted to
encourage her.  In Austin, TX an organizatrion called "Girl Start" has an
incredible robotics program where girls can build robots for different
purposes each weekend starting in Sept. and culminating with a competition
called RoboBlast.  If you take alook at their website, you can get a better
impression of this amazing program (
www.girlsstart.org  ) .  My question is, Do you know if anything comparable
exist in the Dallas Fort Worth, Metroplex or if maybe the DPRG might be
interested in starting a program like this?
Just a thought,

Adrian Ballom
adb1 at aol.com