[DPRG] Help needed to fix line follower's oscillations

Subject: [DPRG] Help needed to fix line follower's oscillations
From: Dave Hylands dhylands at broadcom.com
Date: Tue Jun 11 15:46:03 CDT 2002

I solved the problem by using multiple sensors.

I used a line of 5 sensors, one in the middle, and then spaced out across
about 10 cm (they're under the scoop of my Mini Sumo).

If the middle sensor is active, then I go forward full speed. If the middle
ones are active then I slow down the wheel on the side which is active just
a bit, which make the bot move in a smooth arc.

Finally, if the outer sensors are active, then I stop the wheel on the side
which is active, until the middle or center sensor becomes active.

With a bit more logic, this setup can deal with crossing lines as well as
right angle and acute angle lines (lines that come to a 45 degree point), or
135 degree lines.

Dave Hylands