[DPRG] Help needed to fix line follower's oscillations

Subject: [DPRG] Help needed to fix line follower's oscillations
From: Dave Hylands dhylands at broadcom.com
Date: Wed Jun 12 09:44:48 CDT 2002

Are you able to read analog values from the sensors?

If so, while the sensor is over the edge of the line, you'll start to get
values between black and white. The rate of change of these values will give
you a sense of how quickly the sensor is crossing the line, which will
reflect either how quickly the bot is turning or how quickly the line is
changing.

Ideally, you'll be able to position each sensor so that it reads about 50%
between black and white. Then when you start drifting you can tell in which
direction and how quickly.

Dave Hylands