[DPRG] Using a mouse for logistics

Subject: [DPRG] Using a mouse for logistics
From: Ed Okerson eokerson at texasconnect.net
Date: Mon Jun 24 18:06:28 CDT 2002

Lance,

I hacked a mouse and used the encoders for wheel encoders on one of my
robots.  Mounting those little disks to the axle was a real pain.  The
easiest way I have found to interface it was with a PAK VI chip from
www.al-williams.com/awce/pak6.htm it is a generic PS/2 interface that will
connect to any micro via a serial interface.  That makes it perfect for a
Stamp.  He even has complete sample code on his web site for a BS2 for how
to read the mouse.

Ed Okerson
President DPRG