[DPRG] batteries (again)

Subject: [DPRG] batteries (again)
From: Ralph Tenny rten at metronet.com
Date: Sun May 5 16:31:14 CDT 2002

I often monitor battery prices at Tom Thumb when grocery shopping. I
recently noted that Safeway (parent company) brand alkaline cells were
less expensive that those from the better-known brands.

These cells and their package are easily spotted even from a distance,
since both are a vivid blue-purple color.

I don't know if the current prices are a promotional deal, but the buying
power of a larger corporation such as Safeway may allow better pricing.

I did a very cursory and subjective test in a small flashlight and
concluded that the purple cells are at least as good as comparable cells
>from a different manufacturer.
Ralph