[DPRG] Brushless Motor control Help

Subject: [DPRG] Brushless Motor control Help
From: Pete Miles petem at ormondllc.com
Date: Fri May 24 17:38:02 CDT 2002

I am looking for information on how to build a brushless motor controller.
Does anyone know any good web sites that explain how this works.  I am
particularly interested in the sensorless brushless motors.

The top electric airplane motor companies sell some pretty nice motors,
along with the appropriate speed controllers, but they are forward direction
only, so I am trying to figure out how to roll my own.

But I haven't been able to find any good information on how the voltage is
applied to the three wires.

The guy at the local hobby store told me that the sensorless brushless
motors are really easy to control.  The two outside wires are direction.
Reverse the polarity reversers the direction of the motor.  The middle wire
is the speed control.  Variable speed is only a function of the input
frequency.  Is this true?

Any info would be appreciated.  I would like to learn more about them before
I buy a couple of them.

Pete
petem at ormondllc.com