[DPRG] How does the GPL work?

Subject: [DPRG] How does the GPL work?
From: Ed Okerson eokerson at texasconnect.net
Date: Fri May 31 21:22:36 CDT 2002

Jeff,

There are many closed source applications that run on Linux, WordPerfect,
Oracle, etc.  Just because the OS is GPL does not mean that the
applications have to be.  Where GPL comes into play is if you take an
existing application that was released as GPL and modify it, you then must
release your changes as GPL.

Ed Okerson
President DPRG