[DPRG] Re: A modest proposal and HC11 I/O

Subject: [DPRG] Re: A modest proposal and HC11 I/O
From: David P. Anderson dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Fri Nov 1 10:46:00 CST 2002

Hi

Capt. Bill wrote:

> David,
>
> I thought your remarks hit the nail on the head, I would enjoy having a
> tasty cold beer, with my arm wrapped around the waist if a scantily clad
> girl as I bet on robot sumo. Maybe I am just strange like that.

sounds like a sailor.

> But now to real robot stuff.
>
> I was wondering how you input all those digital inputs into your hc11. It
> seems to me that you have much more than just 8. Are you latching them and
> then muxing the latches. Or using a Parallel to serial converter and
> clocking in the data. I was thinking about using the second one.

The M.I.T. 6.270 board has an expansion board that maps two 8 bit digital
I/O ports into memory at address 0x4000 and 0x5000, as well as the default
8 bit motor and LED driver port at 0x7000.  It also provides a 24 channel
analog mux for the 8 bit A/D.  A wealth of I/O!!

I think the handy board also has some sort of expansion board, not quite
sure what the capabilities are.

dpa