[DPRG] Mini Sumo and the popular Vacuum/Magnet issue

Subject: [DPRG] Mini Sumo and the popular Vacuum/Magnet issue
From: Frank & Gail Elia elia_frank at hotmail.com
Date: Fri Nov 1 17:32:01 CST 2002

Well, here I go again......

I agree with Pete that it is about technological advancement. Actually, for
me it's all about technological advancement. Why would someone want to dust
off a robot from a shelf twice a year to compete, then put it back to gather
more dust? There is a time and a place for reusing a robot. Demonstration,
new course, event, etc.

I agree with David A. that the prime directive is not about entertaining the
crowd. But if it does great.

For me the prime directive is always to improve, inovate and grow with the
hobby. There will always be people with more money and/or talent than me.
I'm happy if I just do better than last time. Hey, it may not be that lofty
a goal, but it keeps me coming back for more.

And couldn't a wall climbing event by a logical next step after developing
vacuum skills on a horizontal plane?

Frank