[DPRG] Re: A lighter ring?

Subject: [DPRG] Re: A lighter ring?
From: Charlie W Youngblood chaz128 at juno.com
Date: Tue Nov 5 17:34:01 CST 2002

How about a wooden under frame with hand grips for lifting.
and a thin sheetmetal top? Seems like that would be a LOT
lighter! Just an idea. :-)
	Charlie Youngblood
>From: "Earl Bollinger" <earlwbollinger at attbi.com>

Cool, this is interesting. Really spectacular stuff. I can really see a
trailer being needed for this thing.
Then a 1/8" plate, five feet across would weigh about 170 pounds ( using
A=piRsquared and a previous mssg's notes on steel weight from Charles).
Now we need some glue to glue it to a wood ring (total about 5cm or 2"
thick), thats a couple of pounds there maybe (seems light at a hundred
pounds to me).