[DPRG] Re: A modest proposal

Subject: [DPRG] Re: A modest proposal
From: Dave Hylands dhylands at broadcom.com
Date: Tue Nov 5 18:07:01 CST 2002

Hi Charlie,

Actually, that would be 4.25 pounds per square foot (I'm assuming that the
quoted 68 pounds per square foot for 1" thick is correct). A Mini Sumo ring
is about 4.9 square feet.

The full size sumo is supposed to be twice as thick, and the ring has 4
times the area, so that's an 8 times multiplier.

So steel for Mini Sumo weighs: 4.9 * 4.25 = approx 21 lbs
For Full size Sumo: 167 pounds.

So you're basically adding 167 pounds to whatever weight you've already got
in the full sized sumo ring.

Dave Hylands