[DPRG] Re: A modest proposal

Subject: [DPRG] Re: A modest proposal
From: Pete Miles petem at ormondllc.com
Date: Tue Nov 5 18:51:00 CST 2002

A full size steel sumo ring surface that is 1/8 inch thick will weigh 102
pounds, according to my calculation because the density of steel is 0.283
pounds/cubic inch.

Volume = (pi/4)*(60.63 inch diameter)^2 * (0.125 inch thick) = 360.89 in^3

weight = 0.283 lb/in^3 * 360.80 in^3 = 102.13 pounds.

A 1/16 inch thick steel surface will weigh half that, and a wooden
subsurface would be ideal.

Pete
petem at ormondllc.com