[DPRG] DPRG Meeting - 9 November, 2002

Subject: [DPRG] DPRG Meeting - 9 November, 2002
From: Jeff Koenig jkoenig at airmail.net
Date: Wed Nov 6 08:40:02 CST 2002

November's DPRG meeting will be at the Bill Priest Institute on Saturday,
November 9th, at 12:00 Noon until about 2:00 P.M.

This is sure to be an incredible meeting - if you have anything else planned
for the 9th, cancel it!  Our two presenters are travelling in from Austin,
Texas, and Oceanside, California, respectively.

DPRG member Ray Renteria will start the meeting off with a structured light
vision processing presentation.  My understanding is that he is visually
processing the image of a swept laser to determine physical environmental
data.  This is going to be a very, very cool presentation - Ray has some
really innovative ideas.

Next, I'm very proud to announce that we will have a demonstration from
Evolution Robotics, Inc!   Michael Walsh, the Sales Director for Evolution
Robotics, Inc., will be showing off their incredible new robot, ER-1.  Check
it out at www.evolution.com. Special DPRG thanks go out to all the members
who wrote e-mails to Evolution to convince them to demonstrate their 'bot at
our meeting.  Let's show our appreciation by packing the house!

DPRG officer elections are in December, so if you'd like to run for office
or
nominate someone for office, the November meeting will be an excellent
opportunity to make your announcement.

Best Regards,
Jeff Koenig
President, DPRG